(Please note that chucks with a thread size other than 3/4" x 16 are made to order and have a lead time of 5-7 business days)
This compact chuck is a good all-around workhorse for most lathe work. It has a clamping range of from 3/32" (2 mm) up to 1-3/16" (30 mm) diameter with the jaws in the normal position. With the jaws in the reversed position, work up to 2-1/4" (56 mm) can be gripped. The hole through the chuck is .687" (17 mm). Rotating the knurled ring closes all three jaws simultaneously to quickly grip round or hexagonal stock. Tommy bars (provided) are used in the holes in the side to tighten and loosen the chuck for more leverage. The chuck is available in several spindle threads for use on Sherline (3/4-16) and other machines such as old Unimat lathes (12 mm x 1 and 14 mm x 1) or Sears 6" lathes (1/2-20).
- For those who have jobs where speed and ease of use are more important than maximum accuracy and want a chuck that is loose right from the start (No extra charge).
Add the note “loose jaws” to the “comments/special instructions” box.
- Soft (unhardened) steel jaws are also available upon request (No extra charge). They are not stepped so they can be machined by the customer for custom holding applications. Because of this the jaws tolerances are not held to the same standard as our standard chuck jaws.
Add the note “soft jaws” to the “comments/special instructions” box.
- Interchangeable top jaws are also available.
- Chuck Diameter - 2.5″
- Jaw Capacity - With jaws in normal position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 1-3/16″ (30mm). With jaws in reverse position: 3/32″ (2mm) – 2-1/4″ (56mm)
- Through Hole Diameter - .687″ (17mm)
- Thread Size - 3/4-16 (other thread sizes available)
- Chuck Body Material - 12L14 Steel
- Chuck Jaws Material - 12L14 Case Hardened Steel
Download PDF 1040 Instructions