5/32" Drill Chuck with #1 Morse Arbor
Product #: 1010
[Add to Wishlist]
These chucks are designated “0JT” which stands for “Zero Jacobs Taper”, because it comes with a #0 Jacobs tapered hole in the back. Into that we have pressed a special arbor that provides a #1 Morse taper to fit into the Sherline headstock. A chuck key plus a drawbolt and washer are included with P/N 1010 to secure the chuck in position.
These chucks are useful for holding very small drills and their shorter length provides an increase of about 1/2″ in working space between centers compared to the 1/4″ drill chuck.
Runout as specified by manufacturer is .004″ or less but we try to maintain .003″ or less in our testing process. If runout of less than .003″ amount is required, collets should be used to hold the drill rather than a chuck.
NOTE: Because the arbor is pressed into the chuck, it is not interchangeable from chuck to chuck. A separate chuck must be purchased for #0 and #1 Morse use.
- Chuck Capacity - 5/32″ (4 mm) – #80 (.0135″ or .34 mm)
- Arbor - #1 Morse for headstock
- Runout - .003″ or less
- Includes - chuck key, drawbolt+washer
- 5/32″ chuck arbor, #0 Jacobs taper to #1 Morse taper
- chuck key, 5/32″ drill chuck
- 1/4-20 x 5″ drawbolt with centering washer (for #1 Morse arbors)
Download PDF Instructions